For an overview of 2017 events and activities, check out our Spring 2018 newsletter.
It was the most active and successful year for the Friends to date, the rewarding result of a number of years of advocacy, countless hours of volunteer support, and ever-growing community partnerships and community involvement.
Thank you for an incredible year, and for making a difference with us.
Join us for a day outdoors in the beautiful Ferguson Forest Aboretum.
This free event runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and includes a wide range of activities and entertainment.
There will be plenty to see and do and an opportunity to explore the forest as well. The Kemptville Lions Club will be providing a charity BBQ.
* Kemptville Legion Pipes & Drums 🎵
* Rynestone // Magic with an Edge
* Blitzen Estate Horseplay & Harmony // Blitzen Morgans
* Sanctuary 🎵
* Trampoline Demonstrations
* Precision Cheer & Dance Cheerleading, Dance & Gymnastics
* The Strother Martins 🎵
* Discovery Village including: Clearydale Honey, Edible Wild Ontario Cheryl Rush, Rideau Ground Search and Rescue, Andrea Howard, The Bug Lady, Rideau Roundtable, Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival, National Capital Balloon Club
The 2018 bird walk took place in May, with 40 species of birds that were either seen or heard.
Guided by expert field naturalists, participants toured through the forest by the creek, through open meadow, and along a quiet roadway, seeing or hearing a variety of thrushes, warblers, herons, ducks, woodpeckers, flycatchers, vireos, and many more.
Plants and other wildlife were in no short supply with mating carp, millipedes of remarkable size and frogs singing. A wide variety of ferns, trilliums, violets and lilies graced the paths.
Follow the Turtle Trail from Anniversary Park to explore this aspect of Ferguson Forest.
The Friends of the Ferguson Forest Centre celebrated Earth Day by attending the North Grenville Sustainability Fair, hosted by Sustainable North Grenville.
The day was a great success, as we, along with many of our environmentally focused community partners, welcomed people to our information booth.
Thank you to the new and renewing members who demonstrated their support of the Ferguson Forest Centre and the activities we provide throughout the year.